I WAS PUBICALLY EMBARASSED AN HUMILIATED IN A LOCAL STORE OF A LARGE NATIONWIDE CHAIN.

Midlothian, VA |

THE STORE MANAGER SENT ME A LETTER OF APOLOGY SIGNED BY HERSELF AND ALL THE PARTIES INVOLVE AND A $100 GIFT CARD FOR THE INCIDENT. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN AND THE INCIDENT INVOLVED TWO LEVELS OF STORE MANAGEMENT.
CAN I SUE FOR DAMAGES AND APPROX. HOW MUCH? THANK YOU.

You haven't provided any facts or details of the incident. Defamation involves a statement of fact that is untrue and damages your reputation in the community. Without knowing what happened, an attorney can't say if you have a viable case. Just being "embarrassed and humiliated" is not usually enough to justify a suit.

2. Impossible to answer--how can the questioner expect any lawyer to assess her situation without saying exactly what was done and what was said to her? It is an incomplete question.

3. Without more facts how can one determine your damages?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.