I WAS PUBICALLY EMBARASSED AN HUMILIATED IN A LOCAL STORE OF A LARGE NATIONWIDE CHAIN.

Asked 12 months ago - Midlothian, VA

THE STORE MANAGER SENT ME A LETTER OF APOLOGY SIGNED BY HERSELF AND ALL THE PARTIES INVOLVE AND A $100 GIFT CARD FOR THE INCIDENT. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN AND THE INCIDENT INVOLVED TWO LEVELS OF STORE MANAGEMENT.
CAN I SUE FOR DAMAGES AND APPROX. HOW MUCH? THANK YOU.

1. Scott Douglas Camassar

4

Best Answer

Answered . You haven't provided any facts or details of the incident. Defamation involves a statement of fact that is untrue and damages your reputation in the community. Without knowing what happened, an attorney can't say if you have a viable case. Just being "embarrassed and humiliated" is not usually enough to justify a suit.

2. Golnar Sargeant

5

Answered . Impossible to answer--how can the questioner expect any lawyer to assess her situation without saying exactly what was done and what was said to her? It is an incomplete question.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

Answered . Without more facts how can one determine your damages?