I WAS PICKING UP A TRUCK A PURCHASED FROM THE GOVERMENT. WHILE DRIVING HOME I FELL ASLEEP RUNNING OFF THE ROAD.

Asked 7 months ago - Saint George, UT

I thought my reg insurance covered me and I had 14 days to get insurance. it was a army 5 ton cargo truck I bought for my personal use. I had a glass pipe in my pocket the took a urine test and had meth in my system. they in pounded the truck. They wont release the truck with no insurance and said I need a cdl to drive it. no one will insure it . I got a dwi. I know I don't need a cdl to drive it. I think they are just trying to not release it so they can keep it. what do I do. I live 390 miles from where I got assrested. what do I do

1. Stephen Patrick Rapp

Pro

4

Answered . Get a lawyer ASAP in that jurisdiction.

2. Kevin S. Vander Werff

Pro

2

Answered . Get an aggressive DUI lawyer to help you.

Many of us offer free consultations. Just click on our names for contact info.

3. J. Bradford Debry

Pro

1

Answered . There are a lot of issues going on for you. You need to deal with the criminal issues, the insurance issues, and any civil issues. Before you start talking to anybody, get in to see a local lawyer. You don't want to get yourself in trouble. The lawyer will walk you through each of the steps.

4. Mark J. Edwards

Answered . In addition to hiring a lawyer,be sure you request a Drivers License hearing within the 10 days of being arrested. This way you can at least fight for your license. You will need to work on the insurance. Call a local insurance agent to see what they know about prior insurance applying to the new car. Good luck.

5. Robert R. Pagniello

1

Answered . You need to obtain a local attorney to assist you with this issue.

6. Christopher Irvin Simser

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You need to retain an attorney to represent you - one skilled in DWI defense and familiar with the court where you are charged.

I assume the truck is subject to forfeiture as an instrument of the crime, though my Utah colleagues can better advise you. I respectfully suggest the loss of the truck is less important than defending yourself against the crime charged.