I was ordered to go to court for trespassing and resisting arrest without violence. Seven years later I was falsely accused.

West Palm Beach, FL |

...I was falsely accused of sexual assault. It is unfair that I have not been guilty of any crimes but because I sealed the first now I cannot seal the arrest record for the sexual assault. I have been offered and then denied jobs because of this. This is not letting me go on with my life and it is not right for someone who wants to go on with their lives. Please help.

I am sorry but you are only allowed one sealing in your life. Your best bet is to get a certified copy of the dropped charge and let potential employers know about what happened if that charge is brought up.
Good luck,

Perhaps it is time to consider filing, if the facts and circumstances permit, a lawsuit for malicious prosecution against the accuser. The goal being to get a civil court and even a jury, to render a judgment in your favor. Aside from that get a certified copy of the police report and the disposition of the case from the clerk. This charge is probably non expungeable, anyway. So, you could not get it expunged or sealed even if you had not gotten the trespass sealed. Start thinking of the relief you want and get to an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

First you need a good criminal defense attorney to win the case, then another attorney to determine if it is worth suing for malicious prosecution.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.