I was ordered to go to court for trespassing and resisting arrest without violence. Seven years later I was falsely accused.

Asked 6 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

...I was falsely accused of sexual assault. It is unfair that I have not been guilty of any crimes but because I sealed the first now I cannot seal the arrest record for the sexual assault. I have been offered and then denied jobs because of this. This is not letting me go on with my life and it is not right for someone who wants to go on with their lives. Please help.

1. Nick Jay Dorsten

2

Answered . I am sorry but you are only allowed one sealing in your life. Your best bet is to get a certified copy of the dropped charge and let potential employers know about what happened if that charge is brought up.
    Good luck,

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Answered . Perhaps it is time to consider filing, if the facts and circumstances permit, a lawsuit for malicious prosecution against the accuser. The goal being to get a civil court and even a jury, to render a judgment in your favor. Aside from that get a certified copy of the police report and the disposition of the case from the clerk. This charge is probably non expungeable, anyway. So, you could not get it expunged or sealed even if you had not gotten the trespass sealed. Start thinking of the relief you want and get to an attorney.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . First you need a good criminal defense attorney to win the case, then another attorney to determine if it is worth suing for malicious prosecution.