I was ordered to go to court for trespassing and resisting arrest without violence. Seven years later I was falsely accused.

Asked 6 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

...I was falsely accused of sexual assault. It is unfair that I have not been guilty of any crimes but because I sealed the first now I cannot seal the arrest record for the sexual assault. I have been offered and then denied jobs because of this. This is not letting me go on with my life and it is not right for someone who wants to go on with their lives. Please help.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Nick Jay Dorsten

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry but you are only allowed one sealing in your life. Your best bet is to get a certified copy of the dropped charge and let potential employers know about what happened if that charge is brought up.
    Good luck,

  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Perhaps it is time to consider filing, if the facts and circumstances permit, a lawsuit for malicious prosecution against the accuser. The goal being to get a civil court and even a jury, to render a judgment in your favor. Aside from that get a certified copy of the police report and the disposition of the case from the clerk. This charge is probably non expungeable, anyway. So, you could not get it expunged or sealed even if you had not gotten the trespass sealed. Start thinking of the relief you want and get to an attorney.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . First you need a good criminal defense attorney to win the case, then another attorney to determine if it is worth suing for malicious prosecution.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,618 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,618 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering