I was ordered to be removed from the US by an immigration judge but I have not received any more info after. It's been 3 months.

Asked over 3 years ago - La Habra, CA

I was convicted of a felony and was sentenced to 1 year in jail after serving 6 months I was ordered by the immigration judge to be removed from the US on October 8th 2010 in Los Angeles, The judge said I should be receiving a letter within a month. It has been over 3 moths and I have not received anything from the courts or ICE. I want to leave as ordered but ICE has my passport. Can I just get a temporary passport from my embassy in LA and just leave or do I have to wait for them to do it? Any help will be appreciated.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

7

Answered . You can talk with ICE in Los Angeles, and show them that you purchased a ticket to leave the U.S.

2. Christina Weber Crudden

Answered . Here's their contact info. You may have a bit of a wait, so try to get to the office early (call to find out when the duty officer will arrive).

300 North Los Angeles St # 8037, Los Angeles, CA 90012
    (213) 830-5160 ‎

You should be able to get your passport back, although it may take a little time if you were in immigration detention, since the detention facility typically has its own set of ICE officers.

Christina Crudden
    www.cruddenlegal.com
    www.suburbanimmigrationlaw.blogspot.com