Skip to main content

I was ordered to be removed from the US by an immigration judge but I have not received any more info after. It's been 3 months.

La Habra, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

I was convicted of a felony and was sentenced to 1 year in jail after serving 6 months I was ordered by the immigration judge to be removed from the US on October 8th 2010 in Los Angeles, The judge said I should be receiving a letter within a month. It has been over 3 moths and I have not received anything from the courts or ICE. I want to leave as ordered but ICE has my passport. Can I just get a temporary passport from my embassy in LA and just leave or do I have to wait for them to do it? Any help will be appreciated.

Attorney Answers 2


You can talk with ICE in Los Angeles, and show them that you purchased a ticket to leave the U.S.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Here's their contact info. You may have a bit of a wait, so try to get to the office early (call to find out when the duty officer will arrive).

300 North Los Angeles St # 8037, Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 830-5160 ‎

You should be able to get your passport back, although it may take a little time if you were in immigration detention, since the detention facility typically has its own set of ICE officers.

Good luck.

Christina Crudden

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics