Skip to main content

I was on EB2 with my previous employer but current one is filing on eb3. What can I do to get back to eb2?

Redmond, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

I was on eb2 with my previous employer. But my current employer's attorney is telling me that they will file under eb3. What are my options to go to eb2 category?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Meet with a local counsel for a comprehensive review of your legal available options.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Do consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for guidance in this matter.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Get a job offer which requires an advanced degree or a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional experience.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



I have see the job offer. It does not mention any requirement for number of years of experience - i.e., the job offer only talks about technologies and not number of years of experience. Also the designation I am at does not offered to freshers. I think to be on the safer side, the company is planning to file on EB3. In this particular case, can the case be made for EB2?



Forgot to mention, the job offer mentions that it needs BS.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer