Skip to main content

I was not paid state min wage so I quit and asked for all unpaid wadges to be paid now Im accused of stealing, what do I do?

Escondido, CA |

I was there for 16 months taking care of an elderly man never paid state min wadge. I would do his shopping and errands and banking since his family did not see him for months at a time. I quite last month due to his oldest daughter taking over half of my pay for herself (that happened for months) and never paying me back for things I would cover the cost on. I told her I needed paid for all unpaid hours and expenses. She is now accusing me of stealing a lot of money from her father and says she cant find recites that I gave to her for accounting and payment back to me. Do I file my unpaid wage complaint before she officaly accuses me of stealing to the athorities? Or do I just let her do whatever and sit back and wait to see if she really is crazy. Pluse I have no reciptes she took them.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I am pretty sure I answered this question last week. You can press you unpaid wage claim any time you want as long as you do not wait past the statute of limitations. You need to decide if you want to file it now or in a little while to let them cool down. However, it seems likely a claim to the DLSE for unpaid wages will re-upset them and you will face the claim later. It is up to you.

    Good luck to you

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics