I was not paid for sick leave by my Employer even though I give them Dr note and I have sick time on the book.

Asked over 1 year ago - Long Beach, CA

I haven't been able to work since 2 / 16 / 13 due to severe sickness . I submitted DR note to my Employer to be use as sick time with pay since I have HRH of sick time . I just found out on Monday that they didn't coded my time card as sick time , instead they coded ATOP . When I contact payroll they cant give any rational answers other than saying that its a new policy and the system wont let me use my sick time . It doest make any sense to me so I asked her to send me a copy of the new policy and no respond as of today . I My rent and car payment are due tomorrow and I am gonna get a blank check ? Shouldn't my Employer informed me in advance ? How can an Employee who is out sick gonna be on the street ? Can I take legal action

1. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . I note you posted your question four days ago, so perhaps this is already resolved. It is possible you haven't received an answer to your question because it is hard to figure out what you are saying. What is HRH? What is ATOP, or do you mean AWOP (absent without pay)?

If your employer has a policy that entitles you to sick leave under your circumstances, then it should allow you to have that benefit. If there is an error in the new system, there should be a way for payroll to override that error. I suggest you be polite but persistant.