I was not in the country in june of 2012 . can i aply for this program deferred action ?

San Clemente, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

hi i enter the country at the age of 15, 9 months back in 2001 but in 2010 my father died in mexico so i had to leave the country (USA) to take care of legal processes in mexico and paper work of some property my father left unfixed , and i took me 2 and a half years to get back to USA and of course i went in to the country ilegally again a few months ago. so if a lawyer can help me by telling me maybe , if i can prove maybe with the death certificate or other paper work that i had to leave the USA to do that, i had no other option, my mom had to stay to take care of 2 under age sisters of mine, i was the only one that could make that long trip to mexico .. but i was 9 consecutive years in USA before going back to mexico... but it did took from june 2010 to june of 2013

If you were not physically present in the United States in June of 2012, then unfortunately you are not eligible for the DACA Deferred Action Program.

Monica Roisman, Esq., 2050 Coral Way #206, Miami, FL 33145 (305) 854-2211 The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

thanks so much

No. You are not qualified for DACA.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Unfortunately, as it sounds like you were not physically present in the United States in June of 2012, you are not eligible under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals provisions.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in all 50 States and Worldwide / 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 / Irvine, CA 92612 / Office: (949) 509-6515 / Direct: (949) 535-6331 / Web: www.khurgel.com / Email: info@khurgel.com / Attorney Khurgel is a former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer.

Hello:

To qualify for DACA, you have to be physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012. Although it appears you may not qualify for DACA, you should continue to follow what's going on with immigration reform. I always recommend speaking to an immigration attorney if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Christy
Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
Immigration Attorney
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
Phone: 949.222.5900 | Fax: 888.488.6431
Email: christy@chmlegal.com
Website: http://www.chmlegal.com

This is not legal advice, no guarantees/warranties have been made, and no attorney/client relationship has been formed.