Skip to main content

I was needing to know if we can get our immigration court date changed so we can hire a different immigration attorney

Waynesboro, TN |

im needing to know if the ins would give me another chance to change my immigration attoeney and give me another court date?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. to change the date, you have to make a Motion to Continue. You can appear, tell the judge that you fired the old attorney and in process of getting a new one, they will give you a new date.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. I agree with my colleague.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. I agree you must file a Motion to Continue. If the court date is not too near, you can do so in writing. You can also appear in front of the judge and make the request. Make sure you DO appear though, even if you file the motion and do not get a response, as failure to appear will lead to an order of removal being entered against you.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics