I was needing to know if we can get our immigration court date changed so we can hire a different immigration attorney

Asked over 1 year ago - Waynesboro, TN

im needing to know if the ins would give me another chance to change my immigration attoeney and give me another court date?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

4

1

Answered . to change the date, you have to make a Motion to Continue. You can appear, tell the judge that you fired the old attorney and in process of getting a new one, they will give you a new date.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

1

Answered . I agree you must file a Motion to Continue. If the court date is not too near, you can do so in writing. You can also appear in front of the judge and make the request. Make sure you DO appear though, even if you file the motion and do not get a response, as failure to appear will lead to an order of removal being entered against you.