I was married with a USC and i was under abuse, now i'm willing to apply for VAWA and I-485 concurrently, she only did submit th

Asked over 1 year ago - Richardson, TX

i was married with a USC and i was under abuse, now i'm willing to apply for VAWA and I-485 concurrently, she only did submit the I-130 when i was living with her, my question is: can i get a EAD if i Applied for fee waivers on I-485 due to my financial hardship ? or i have to pay the I-485 fees before getting the EAD, thanks

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . You will only have your EAD if your I-765 is approved.
    Just as an aside, what makes you think you will be granted a VAWA self-petition when you are in fact a man? In practical terms, while VAWA petitions are liberally granted fpr women, those are hardly ever approved for men, no matter how hard the "abuse "they suffer. I hope you have a good attorney who is advising you on this.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Your plan is overly optimistic at best, thinking that you squarely qualify for VAWA relief without evidentiary support. Please consult another attorney in your area before you make a better legal opinion on how to proceed.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Meet with an attorney. These are very hard to win.