Skip to main content

I was married to a USA citizen I get my two years green card she start cheating have have a child far another man we get divorce

Baltimore, MD |

I tried fighting the case with my lawyer an the told me my marriage was a fraud an terminate my status

Attorney Answers 3


If your status was terminated and you have been placed in removal proceedings, you will have another chance to prove that your marriage was not fraudulent in front of an immigration judge. It would be wise for you to have a lawyer represent you in that process.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


As my colleague has pointed out, there is an opportunity to appeal after your status has been terminated. Consultation with a qualified immigration attorney may save you from being deported.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree


Not exactly sure how terminated your case, so that best thing to do would be to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about your case and your options.

Follow Gintare Grigaite, Esq. on Facebook (search for Gintare Grigaite, Esq.). Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics