Skip to main content

I was married and divorced in Mexico and have 2 children that were born in US, i am giving child support in Mexico

Del Rio, TX |

Would i get in any kind of trouble since i know my kids have medic care and they are going to a public school, I know they have free lunch, I suspect my ex wife ask for all this as if she is a single mom and as if she is not receiving child support.
Would I get in any kind of trouble? I don't know where to go or how can i prove that I am giving child support.
Kids are living in the US with my ex wife's parents without my approval, we have shared custody.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. I do not understand. You are giving child support in Mexico yet the children live in the US? Who are you giving the child support to? Where is the mother of the children? If they are living with the grandparents then who gets the child support? You need to ask someone to help you reword this question because right now it makes no sense.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

  2. If you are paying by check that is proof of child support payment. If you're not paying by check, start now.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics