I was married and Divorced but I dont want to put divorced on marriage license not because of my future wife but parents,

Filed under: Marriage and prenups

Is there anyway to just leave the section where they ask how many orevious marriages blank.

If you were divorced within the last two years, you may have to provide written proof of the final dissolution. If your divorce was over two years ago, you may not need to provide written proof but
you will need to provide the date of the final dissolution. If you are concerned about sharing this information, you can apply for a confidential license. Here is a link to read more: http://rrcc.lacounty.gov/clerk/marriages.cfm. Good luck and congratulations!

The information you provide on your license is provided by you attesting to the fact that the information is true and correct under penalty of perjury. Don't lie by failing to disclose requested information. Why would your wife's parents have to see what is on your marriage license?

You will be submitting the marriage license form under penalty of perjury. It's not a good idea of provide false information.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Marriage and prenups topics