I was let go for not scheduling the day off. where could i go to file a complain ? or are they right.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was let go for not scheduling the day off. where could i go to file a complain ? or are they right ? or is there anything i could do.

I was fire by my employer for taking the day off. MY reason was that i was mugged and had to apply for my ID in the DMV and had to get my bank cards replace. They claim that i did not schedule the day off. There's been other cases that i had been sick and was force to go to work cause they claim i did not schedule the day off. Any day i would take had to be schedule or also i would get ridden up for it.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Best Answer

Answered . Unless you have a contract, you were an at-will employee and therefore could be fired for any reason or no reason so long as it was not an unconstitutional reason such as based on race, gender, religion, etc.

2. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

1

Answered . Absent some unlawful discrimination, or an employment contract or policy to protect you, I am afraid your employer is in the right.

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

Answered . You can be fired for any reason, even if you have a good excuse.