I was let go for not scheduling the day off. where could i go to file a complain ? or are they right ?

New York, NY |

I was fire by my employer for taking the day off. MY reason was that i was mugged and had to apply for my ID in the DMV and had to get my bank cards replace. They claim that i did not schedule the day off. There's been other cases that i had been sick and was force to go to work cause they claim i did not schedule the day off. Any day i would take had to be schedule or also i would get ridden up for it.

Unless you have a contract, you were an at-will employee and therefore could be fired for any reason or no reason so long as it was not an unconstitutional reason such as based on race, gender, religion, etc.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you may not have a viable claim. It is hard to tell from the facts we have here though, so I suggest contacting an experienced employment attorney.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.