I was let go for not scheduling the day off. where could i go to file a complain ? or are they right ?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was fire by my employer for taking the day off. MY reason was that i was mugged and had to apply for my ID in the DMV and had to get my bank cards replace. They claim that i did not schedule the day off. There's been other cases that i had been sick and was force to go to work cause they claim i did not schedule the day off. Any day i would take had to be schedule or also i would get ridden up for it.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Unless you have a contract, you were an at-will employee and therefore could be fired for any reason or no reason so long as it was not an unconstitutional reason such as based on race, gender, religion, etc.

2. Vincent Peter White

Answered . Unfortunately, it sounds like you may not have a viable claim. It is hard to tell from the facts we have here though, so I suggest contacting an experienced employment attorney.