I was late to go for Petition For Review in 30 days on my asylum case from the BIA's denial in Dallas, TX can I still appeal ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I had to move out and the decision been sent to my old address in a short time by a chance so I lately got the BIA's Letter from my ex roommate thats the reason I was late to file Petition For Review with some attorney.I'm more than willing to hire an attorney at the moment If I could find any to bear with me.I'm pretty open to recommendations on that as well If there are some options for me as I've heard that there is few exceptions on being late to file for petition for review. Thanks for your time to read my question hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . You have an obligation to notify the court when you have a change of address so they can send correspondence to you. There is no way to overcome the failure to file timely with the Circuit Court. There may be a way to seek reopening with the BIA. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney now.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Mr. Murphy is correct.