I was late to go for Petition For Review in 30 days on my asylum case from the BIA's denial in Dallas, TX can I still appeal ?

Dallas, TX |

I had to move out and the decision been sent to my old address in a short time by a chance so I lately got the BIA's Letter from my ex roommate thats the reason I was late to file Petition For Review with some attorney.I'm more than willing to hire an attorney at the moment If I could find any to bear with me.I'm pretty open to recommendations on that as well If there are some options for me as I've heard that there is few exceptions on being late to file for petition for review. Thanks for your time to read my question hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

You have an obligation to notify the court when you have a change of address so they can send correspondence to you. There is no way to overcome the failure to file timely with the Circuit Court. There may be a way to seek reopening with the BIA. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney now.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mr. Murphy is correct.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration