Skip to main content

I was kicked in the ribs by a person (that I don't know) and I'm looking for an attorney that can give me some advise.

Gilbert, AZ |

The police called it a physical assault and that I needed to call an attorney. I was taken to the ER. The police said she cited the girl who kicked me and that it was a open and closed case.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Certain criminal actions in Arizonq are also what are called "Intentional torts." It means someone was injured not because of negligence leading to an accident, but because someone intentionally did something to the victim. Here, the girl committed a crime of assault and an intentional tort of battery upon your person. She is being charged criminally, and if you have damages (which an ER bill alone qualifies) you can sue her for monetary damages. Make an appointment with a personal injury attorney.

  2. Ask the DA for restitution as well

  3. Talk with Arlene. She is in your area and may be able to help you

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics