I was just wondering if i could leave home with out parent concent at 17

me an my dads family have never got along from day one i don't feel a home with him. i have never called that my home i have plenty of people in narcotics anonymous that has already told me i can move in with them an they would help me get on my feet. but i don't want to leave at 17 an get a runaway charge.

Douglasville, GA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Adoption Lawyer - East Point, GA

Absent emancipation, you can't move without parental consent until you are 18. Your friends could land in jail if you move in with them now.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

When a minor turn 18 years of age, the minor is automatically considered emancipated.
Until then you must have parent consent to move

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.