I was issued a General Under Honorable Discharge with SPD Code JNC. Can i apply for federal employment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sierra Vista, AZ

What implications would this have on my future federal employment ambition?

1. Kelvin P. Green

3

Answered . It depends on the underlying misconduct, The length of time it has been since it passed, The job you are applying for, if there are any statutory bars, and if you have any other issues. federal Suitability looks at character and conduct based on all of those factors to attempt to predict you suitability as a federal employee...This forum can't get into the details you will need.

2. John Daniel Hafemann

3

Answered . You can always apply. You have a better chance at obtaining federal employment if you upgrade your characterization of discharge. In order to have the characterization of discharge corrected or upgraded the only option you have it to apply to the appropriate military board for the correction of records in Washington D.C. Which board you apply to will depend on your service. I currently have a case pending and am very familiar with the process. You can find more information on my website. Feel free to give me a call to discuss further. The initial consultation is always free.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . Yes, you can apply. No, your discharge does not make you automatically ineligible. What the limits are depend upon circumstances and facts you did not include, and may not know.