I was issued a 40-6-72 for not stopping at a stop sign coming out of my apartments onto a main road. Can I get out of it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Flowery Branch, GA

I called and the ticket was $203. I have not been pulled over in 15 years. I don't want this on my record of to increase my insurance. Is there anything I can do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the stop sign is on private property you can't be written a citation for running it, but in this case the sign is most likely on public property controlling traffic access to a public roadway. Your best bet is to go to court, meet with the prosecutor, and see about getting the charge reduced to a non-reporting violation such as O.C.G.A. 40-6-180 Too Fast for Conditions.

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on... more
  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Get an attorney to deal with this.

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,131 answers this week

2,851 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,131 answers this week

2,851 attorneys answering