I was issued a 40-6-72 for not stopping at a stop sign coming out of my apartments onto a main road. Can I get out of it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flowery Branch, GA

I called and the ticket was $203. I have not been pulled over in 15 years. I don't want this on my record of to increase my insurance. Is there anything I can do?

1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . If the stop sign is on private property you can't be written a citation for running it, but in this case the sign is most likely on public property controlling traffic access to a public roadway. Your best bet is to go to court, meet with the prosecutor, and see about getting the charge reduced to a non-reporting violation such as O.C.G.A. 40-6-180 Too Fast for Conditions.

2. Robert Rogers Giannini

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Mr Yeargan, but let me add that you could also hire a lawyer to do the same thing for you. That would likely increase your total cost, but it should also increase your chance of success. A lawyer who practices regulalry in the court you are going to and who has a good reputation will greatly improve your odds, in my experience and opinion.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . Get an attorney to deal with this.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777