I was involved in an at fault accident - my son and nephew were in car. can I receive some type of compensation for injury?

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, GA

we all went to hospital to be checked out - nothing was broken but we are all in pain /soar /and discomfort

1. Michael Lawson Neff

Pro

4

Answered . The likelihood of a recovery depends on a lot of information not contained in your post.

Such as the speed of the other car, the damage done to your car, the amount of medical care needed and the length of time your injuries affect you.

Sometimes minor injuries turn out to be more significant than first expected. However, insurance companies will argue that if you didn't go to the doctor or didn't follow up with another doctor than you must not of been in pain. Even a week or 10 day gap in follow up care might be used against you.

If you are feeling better every day, you may recover something for the initial harms. The recovery depends on the significance of the harms.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

3

Answered . If you're at fault, and I'm not clear from your post, likely no. If the other party is at fault, very possibly yes. If the other party was at fault you want to call an attorney right away and do NOT speak the other party's insurer at all. I'd be glad to offer you a free consultation and evaluate your case. My number is 404-768-3509.

3. Russell Greer Keener

Pro

3

Answered . Not sure what you mean by at fault accident. That's the bow question. Who was at fault. Those who are not generally are entitle to reimbursement for the value of their injures. Feel free to call and discuss.

Russell Keener
    Keenerlaw.com
    770-955-3000

4. James B. Hernan

3

Answered . If you were not at fault, you are likely entitled to compensation. Consult with an attorney right away (before speaking with the at fault driver's insurance company).

Jamie Hernan
    Hernan Law Firm
    Auto Accidents - Free initial consultations
    Telephone - (678) 275-4000

5. Steven Mark Sweat

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you were the driver and you were at fault, you wouldn't have a claim but, your son and nephew may have a claim with your policy.

6. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . It appears from your post that you were the at fault driver. If that is the case then you cannot recover for your losses.