I was involved in an accident involving an 18 wheeler

Asked over 3 years ago - Waco, TX

I was involved in an accident involving an 18 wheeler sideswipeing my vehicle on the driver's door when turning right into a two lane one way. I chose not to report to my insurance agency thinking the deductile would be more than the cost of repair which was a dented drviers door and the drivers mirror is gone plus broken window. I may have been at fault. The officer asked if wanted to do report and I said no but the truck driver insisted for his company. No injuries. The Insurance company of the truck company now wants my insurance information, I faxed to them an estimate of cost of repair. Do I have to release it the insurance information How could I have handled this differently? W ill I need a lawyer??

1. Michael Alen Bryant

2

Best Answer

Answered . You should notify your insurance company, unless you want to pay all the damages. They will hire a lawyer to deal with the issues concerning what happened, if they need too.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

1

Answered . Always bring in the insurance company as soon as possible. It may not be too late. Over the issue of the cost, the insurance company's exist to deal with claims like this and their vast resources to address problems.

Pro

1

Answered . Always report every accident to your insurance company as per the terms of your policy.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  4. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . You don't need an attorney. The only thing he should have done differently was to notify your insurance company, immediately.