I was involved in an accident. The other car fled the scene. Police report says no one at fault. What can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Conway, SC

I was involved in an accident with another vehicle. The driver of the other took off. I called the police with the plate number and they caught him . He was charged with DUI and hit and run. Both of us were on the same hwy in the same direction. The damage on my car starts on the front right corner by the turn signal and it ends on the right passenger door. The damage on the other vehicle is on the rear left quarter panel. I said that he was on my right lane and swerved in front of me, he says that his passenger drove the car when the accident happened and I swerved in an attempt to avoid rear ending him. Than after the crash they swapped driving and he drove away. There are no independent witnesses. The police filled a report with no one at fault. The other guy insurance won't pay.

1. Benjamin Alexander Hyman

Pro

3

Answered . short version....you need an attorney. I have had very similar cases multiple times. The opposing insurance companies always deny liability. They will continue to deny liability until you call them on it. I hate to be that frank, but it's amazing how many times people involved in an accident get taken advantage of. I would be happy to help you, and our initial consultation is free.

Pro

4

Answered . Small claims court.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Kevin Coluccio

2

1

Answered . Their actions are negative. You can file in small claims court. It is difficult that there are not independent witnesses.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

Answered . This denial is typical of the insurance adjusters. I have not met one yet that will give me the policy limits with their compliments. It is always an uphill battle. You are doing right to go see attorney Hyman. Best of luck.