I was involved in accident w/o insurance but it wasn't my fault. The car is under my dads name. Can i still be sued?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mcallen, TX

I hit another motorist as a result of them running a stop. My bf who was traveling behind me, witnessed the accident. The officer on site took his statement but did not put it on the final report. The report now suggest that im at fault when i wasn't! Now the other driver is suing me? To add insult to insult, my insurance agent did not update my bank information to draft payments automatically and as a result my insurance was terminated. What do i do? The truck is under my dads name and so was the insurance.

1. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

6

Answered . Yes you can be sued but if your dad's insurance company covered the car, then you can have his insurance company handle this. Be sure to tell your dad's insurance company about this accident and let them know your BF saw the accident and says it's not your fault. If there is no insurance, contact an experienced TX attorney right away.

2. Kevin H. Pate

6

Answered . If the other driver has filed suit, and your insurance was not in effect, you need to secure your own counsel to defend you.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . If you were injured, consult with a local personal injury attorney.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

5

Answered . Yes. Not only you but your father will also be sued. Best of luck.

Pro

4

Answered . Yes