I was involved in a car hitting a guy on a bike. I left the scene and I was sure they got my license. It has been four months.

I haven't been contacted by police even though months have passed . Through Face book I was able to make sure the victim was OK and did not suffer any serious injuries . Should I be worried that this may come back to me , would they have contacted me already brought this in front of a grand jury in they wish to prosecute .

New York, NY -

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Contact a criminal defense lawyer and a accident lawyer immediately. Leaving the scene of the accident may be a crime depending on injuries and the amount of property damage. Also if you are sued for money, then your insurance company may disclaim coverage based upon your on reporting the accident to the police and the insurance company.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

If there was some physical injury there is a 2 year statute of limitations.The issue is whether the biker reported it to the police... you have no way to know. If the police call don't speak without a n attorney. Did you report hte matter to your insurance company in case you get sued?

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

Yes you absolutely should be worried. You left the scene of an accident with a pedestrian. Consult a defense attorney.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
Daniel DeMaria

Daniel DeMaria

Federal Crime Lawyer - New York, NY

Usually the police investigate and/or arrest quite quickly in these matters. Given that nothing has happened for four months it is reasonable to assume that the victim either did not get your license plate and/or didn't call them. Also, it is possible that the police do not have your correct address and workplace information (do you have old information on your license?). You should contact an attorney to find out if you have warrants out for your arrest. If not, I think you might have gotten very lucky. If the cops do ever come, make sure you don't speak to them. Also, don't discuss this with friends and family because they can be subpoenas to testify against you.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Retain a criminal lawyer for representation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Jonathan D'Agostino

Jonathan D'Agostino

Personal Injury Lawyer - Staten Island, NY

The proper answer is that in New York you can be sued for up to 3 years for negligence and can still be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident. However, if they have your plate number and you haven't been contacted by a lawyer, insurance company or the police, the likelihood is that this matter is not being pursued.