I was involved in a car accident. i just finished my physical therapy and now i am wondering how long before case settled.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Norfolk, VA

car accident - hit at a red light. driver admitted fault. just finished physical therapy. how long will it be before the case is settled.

1. Benjamin Martin Andrews

10

Answered . It depends on a number of factors, like whether there is a question as to liability, length and level of treatment, the specific insurance carrier, etc.

2. Seth Raven Carroll

Pro

8

Answered . Do you have a lawyer? If not, I recommend you call Mr. Andrews.

3. Mohamed E Seifeldein

8

Answered . There is no set period of time. There are several factors ranging from how busy your lawyer is to who the insurance agency your dealig with is. Speak with your lawyer, he/she may be able to to give you a decent estimate. If you do not have a lawyer, you should retain one right away. Do not deal with insurance company by yourself.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

9

Answered . That depends on a lot of factors. Your post did not mention if you have an attorney. If you do I would consult with them and get education on what to expect during the demand/settlement process. If you do not have an attorney, I highly recommend getting a consultation with one before trying to settle on your own. Insurance companies really take advantage of unrepresented people when it comes to settling your case. It would definitely be worth your while to seek an attorneys help with this. Best of Luck!

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . Speak with your attorney. Good luck.

6. Andrew Daniel Myers

7

Answered . The insurance claims process can take varying amounts of time, depending on the complexity of the claim, the dynamics of the insurance company you are dealing with, and of course, whether your attorney is intimately familiar with the claim process in that company.

Here is an article on the subject: [Blue Link Below]

Pro

7

Answered . More info is needed. Don't try to do this yourself, or you will either get #1. no money or #2. a very tiny nuisance settlement.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  8. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

6

Answered . No one here can truly answer this question for you. Have you reached maximum medical improvement? Do you have a permanent impairment? Do you have a possible need for future treatment? What does your attorneys say?

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  9. Ryan Michael Ramstad

3

Answered . I agree with the other posters, it is difficult to estimate that. I would, however, recommend you hire an attorney to protect your interests make sure you are not taken advantage of. Feel free to contact my office with any further questions.

One or more answers have been taken down.