I was involved in a accident on a residential street with a semi truck and he ended up banging up my door am I at fault?

Milwaukee, WI |

I was parked cleaning out my car.

1. Are you saying that another vehicle hit your parked car? In this circumstance the other vehicle is (almost) always at fault.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. You need to contact a personal injury attorney that is local to your area and ask him/her that question. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. You didn't indicate whether or not you were hurt from the impact while cleaning out the car. In California, the semi truck would be liable in that your car was parked. I would guess Wisconsin would have the same or similar laws. Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. If you were injured, hire an attorney in WI. You should also report this to your insurance carrier immediately.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

4. More facts are needed to evaluate. Best bet is to report it to your insurance company to resolve.

5. Need more information to clarify. If your car or semi was parked, you're usually not at fault. Report it to your insurance company ASAP to be safe. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

6. If you were injured in any way, make sure that you receive proper medical attention to address your medical issues. Report the incident to your insurance company let them handle this for you. Best of luck.