I was involuntarily terminated from my job as the local manager of a national company. I applied and was approved for UI.

Asked over 1 year ago - Parachute, CO

The company has appealed. I was fired for allegedly losing my temper with a subordinate. In their appeals brief, somebody has redacted the accusing person's name dozens of times. I can only conclude that they're doing this to somehow shield the employee and I wonder if she will testify at the hearing on May 31. Under Colorado labor law, don't I have the right to confront my accuser?

1. Diane Vaksdal Smith

Answered . If she is at the hearing, you have the opportunity to confront the testimony. The problem would be if they rely on that person's accusations but don't bring her to the hearing, but have someone else say what the accuser said. If that's the case, then the hearing officer will probably have to decide whether the evidence is credible or not.