I was injured on a Seattle Metro Bus..The bus driver took off before Iwas seated

Bellevue, WA |

It was raining something fierce and the floors were extremely slippery both my habds were full of bags so I had no way to break my fall, II landed flat on my head, rising completely disoriented. The busdriver did not even acknowlege what happened (I don't think anyway, I was pretty out of it) I did get some names and numbers of a couple passengers on the bus. I had a pre-existing neck injury that this fall has aggravated and caused tremendous pain, I feel like I am starting all over again with the healing process. Metro Claims dept is not being very helpful. Since I did not fill out a claim when the injury occured did I lose my chance at having Metro reinburse me for medical and treatment along with the pain and aggravation of this injury?

I hope you are not handling this yourself. You should have the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. Your prior medical situation is a complicating factor, and may have some bearing on who you should go to for medical treatment. Further, transit companies usually defend these cases aggressively. The law in most jurisdictions usually requires something beyond the normal stops and starts of a bus to impose liability. This is a potetially difficult case. Get professional help so that you don't harm your claim. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.