I was injured in an accident but...

Asked over 1 year ago - Abilene, TX

i was involved in a car accident which was the other drivers fault . at the time i wasn't feeling pain or anything i guess because i was shaken up over the wreck i didn't know . now that its been almost 2 and a half weeks since the accident eem having terrible pain in my neck which seems to be whiplash . i haven't seen a doctor because i didn't know if it was too late to do so for the injury claim to the other persons insurance company . what do i do ? please help !

1. Robert C. Slim

9

Answered . Delay in treatment can be a problem, but every case is different. Don't jump to your own conclusions about your legal rights. Another potential problem is delay in getting legal advice. You need to get a free consultation from an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible

2. Curtis James Bickers

9

Answered . Go see a doctor immediately for the pain in your neck. In Texas, you have two years to file a personal injury claim. Although the insurance company of the other driver will try and deny your claim because of the two week gap, experienced attorneys in personal injury law can help you recover for your damages.

3. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

8

Answered . Get medical care. Get a lawyer to help with the claim.

Pro

9

Answered . Get medical treatment, and retain one of the personal injury lawyers in your state who answered above.

5. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

4

Answered . Regardless of your injury claim, if you are hurting you need to go to the hospital and make sure you are okay. Car accidents can cause life long injuries if it is not treated. Good luck to you. If you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

6. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . Get proper medical treatment and contact a qualified attorney.

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

4

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.