I was injured in a fall. I have no insurance. There is no workerman insurance. I have a cast. Doctor who put it in while...

Asked 11 months ago - Morristown, NJ

Doctor who put it in while I was hospitalized refuses to remove it. What are my rights? My employer is being cited for OSHA violations, I have cast. How can I get the doctor to see me if I have no money or insurance? Does he HAVE to by law remove the cast?

1. Michael David Lindner Jr

7

Answered . You have a number of claims and issues that require an experienced attorney to assist you. You should contact one immediately.

This appears to have occurred on the job. Even without worker's comp insurance, you could be able to pursue and receive benefits, though you will need assistance from an attorney.

In terms of medical treatment, many attorneys are able to get you in for necessary treatment, even without insurance.

Depending on what made you fall, you might have a potential lawsuit against the person responsible for that condition.

All of these things compel you to make an appointment. Almost all attorneys, like myself, will see you free of charge.

2. Kristy L. Bruce

Pro

7

Answered . It sounds like you may have fallen at work. However, it is unclear from what you wrote. It also sounds like your employer did not have workers' compensation insurance or maybe you were a contractor that is not entitled to workers' comp. benefits. This needs to be determined. Your first step should be reaching out to either one of us who answered your question or another attorney to discuss your case further. Then, a decision can be made how to best get that cast off quickly. I do not believe that a doctor must remove your cast if you are unable to pay for that service. Therefore, this situation puts you in a serious predicament.

3. Patrick X Amoresano

Pro

6

Answered . I'd need to know more about how you fell and the nature of your injuries.

Pro

5

Answered . What was the reason for your fall? Perhaps there is 3rd party liability.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

5

Answered . Seek an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

6. Michael J Dennin

Pro

5

Answered . You may be able to access the uninsured employers fund to pay your med bills. As stated you also may have other rights and claims.

Michael J. Dennin, Esquire www.denninlegal.com 866-665-5709 (toll-free) mdennin@ciecka.com
  7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . You do not say how you fell, but you should consult with a NJ personal injury attorney ASAP.

8. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

4

Answered . If you fell at work consult a workers compensation attorney. If you fell during work but on someone else's property, then consult a personal injury lawyer. Either way your employer should be involved in paying the bills.