Skip to main content

I was indicted for drug conspiracy to pocess & distribute molly-meth, First offense any chance I get house arrest or probation?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I am confident it can be reduced to procession since I was not selling it just believed to be , the amount is not too much, My lawyer said he can probably get the mandatory of 5 reduced but is it possible for no jail time at all? Im currently working & joining school in the spring, I want the judge to see that this has changed my life & I don't want to ruin my future , I am currently on 60 days of home confinement, I have 7 days left , then what happens until my case goes to court?

Attorney Answers 6

  1. You are asking questions about possibilities that non of us can answer. We don't have enough information and the best we can do is tell you " perhaps" Anything is possible but the real answer will be fact dependant , and DA and Court Dependant. Also don't think that just because we say gee it might be possible that your counsel is not doing his or her job well if you do get jail time.

    This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

  2. You've told us that you have a lawyer. ALL of your questions and concerns need to be addressed solely to that attorney. It's inappropriate for us to advise you, and it's very unwise for you to seek answers elsewhere.

  3. Your question mentions that you have an attorney. It is improper for another attorney to interfere with that relationship by offering advice on the merits of your case. Address your concerns with your attorney. He or she has the best handle on the facts in your particular case and is in the best position to offer constructive advice. Good luck.

  4. The fact that you are facing a mandatory 5 indicates to me that the amount is "too much" and reduces my belief as a lawyer that you can get the DA to voluntarily agree to a plea to possession (unless he has an extremely weak case). You should discuss this matter fully with your lawyer who is in the best position to advise you since your lawyer is familiar with all of the evidence against you and possible defenses. Don't come to this website to second guess your attorney. If you want a second opinion bring all of your discovery to another attorney and pay for that service.

  5. Work closely with your attorney and his or her mitigation plan.

  6. The classic lawyer's answer to this is "it depends." Unfortunately, the ultimate result may depend upon which county the offense occurred in, who the ada handling the case may be and what judge is assigned to your case. Anything is possible, you need an attorney that can navigate the system where you were arrested.

Federal crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics