I WAS IN U.S BY B1/B2 VISA FOR 18MONTHS BACK IN 2001 AND EXTEND MY VISA FOR 2 TIMES AND GOT APPROVED WANT TO APPLY AGAIN

Moreno Valley, CA |

I TRIED TO APPLY FOR SAME TYPE OF VISA LATER BUT THE EMBASSY DENIED ME FOR UP TO 3 TIMES
IT IS FIRST TIME FOR ME TO EXTEND A VISA I GOT HURT BY CAR ACCIDENT WITH MY BROTHER AND STAY AT HOME ALL THIS PERIOD TIME TILL MY DOCTOR SAYS OK TO LEAVE
I SHOWED THIS DOCUMENTS TO CONSULAR APPROVAL LETTER , DOCTOR LETTER AND ATTORNEY LETTER. BUT STILL DENIED ME
NOW MY FAMILY AND PARENTS LIVING IN U.S AND THEY ARE U.S CITIZEN
MY QUESTION WHAT IS THE CHANCES TO GET A VISIT VISA TO SEE MY FAMILY
I KNOW I HAVE TO SHOW THE CONSULAR MY SOCIAL TIES BUT I AM SINGLE DON'T WANT TO MARRY AND I LIVE IN DUBAI HAVING GOOD JOB IN AIRLINES AND NOT THINKING OF IMMIGRANT TO U.S AT ALL
PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVICE I NEED TO APPLY NOW AS I NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY WORK SINCE I AM WORKING IN AIRLINES AND HAVE FREE TICKT

B-2 visas are very discretionary on the part of the consulate. They must believe your ties to your home country are strong enough that you will return, that your purpose of going to the U.S. is specific and you can support yourself while there. With all of the prior visa refusals you shoudl retain an attorney to review everything with you before applying again.

--
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277
website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

The Consul can deny an application for a B-1/2 visa for any facially legitimate reason. Apparently, the Consul considers you an intending immigrant, due to the strong family ties you have in the US and previous lengthy stay. I would recommend that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss other potential options.

If the consular officials 'believe' that you are living and working in the U. S. on a visitor visa, then the B2 visa can be denied. Those who regularly spend more time time then a typical 2-4 week visit run the risk of eventually staying too long and finding their request for renewal denied.

A consular official is looking for a pattern of longer and longer visits to decide whether a person may be cutting off their ties to their home country. Each time a person applies for or uses a non-immigrant visitor visa, then there is a presumption of immigrant intent. If appears that the reason for the visit can result in immigration, then an officer can deny a visa or deny entry into the U.S.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Education law topics