I was in process of purchasing home from HUD. It took over 2 month and HUD was not ready for closing.

Jacksonville, FL |

So, Title company on Thursday sent a form for extending the contact & my Realtor asked if there is anything else that is needed and they said no. I signed and returned the extension same day. next day on Friday at 11 am my Realtor received another phone call that sorry we also need proof of fun. He called me and I sent him by 4:16 Pm and he forwarded by 4:36 PM!
Title company hrs was 4:30 and On Monday also did not forwarded my package till 12 PM. AND so HUD did not received my packaged, they canceled my contract Monday at 10:30.
My Realtor called the HUD asset manager and he said sorry, I need proof and he asked title company they said sorry I was busy and My Realtor told the title company to call asset manager & she said sorry, I won't! & now they also forfeited our deposit. PLZ help m

Hire a R/E litigation attorney who will immediately contact Title company and threaten lawsuit for the damages caused by their negligence while at same time contacting HUD so you do not lose the home.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained. Please click "helpful" or "best answer" if my answer added any value or add a "comment" if you have more info for me to help you get a better answer.

Thank you very much Mr. Corrigan. before the final letter my husband friend who is also a good lawyer in twon sent the asset manager a letter to reconsider the situation since they are selling the house to back up offer for less & I also contacted the HUD and RIO supposed to call me in 48 hrs and it's been a week... What should I tell HUD to reconsider?

John P Corrigan

John P Corrigan

Perhaps think about filing an emergency motion for a temporary restraining order (TRO) to stop HUD from proceeding with the sale to back-up buyers. Even if they get it dismissed they will have to take the time to fight the petition.

Perfect, Thank you very much

John P Corrigan

John P Corrigan

This action may also scare away the back-up people given this will confuse the issues as to can they even purchase the home knowing you will try get their contract set aside. An attorney calling HUD to state what relief you will seek if this cannot be resolved may give pause for the time necessary to get your title company to straighten things out.

I hope that would work :) Thank you for helping me...

John P Corrigan

John P Corrigan

good luck to you....I just hate hearing horrible "stuff" like this actually happening when honest people are just trying to do their best in life.

Thank you Mr Corrigan! I am very sad because this house was 50K when I signed the contract and now it is 70K and I lost 20K profit for my hardworking money that I saved for many years :( Thank you for wishing me luck I really need that :)

Litigation topics