I was in Miami when a dolly fell off a beer truck I had to slam on breaks and was hurt and have had surgery.

this was 2010 i had an attorney they said because i got out and moved the dolly out of road no way i was hurt. should i pursue this ?

Daytona Beach, FL -

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Personal Injury Lawyer - Fort Myers, FL

You should contact a personal injury lawyer in your area as soon as possible to find out what your legal rights and options are. good luck!

Ryan M. Finn

Ryan M. Finn

Personal Injury Lawyer - Albany, NY

Find a new lawyer using Avvo, he/she will evaluate your case and give you an informed opinion. Good luck!

Sagi Shaked

Sagi Shaked

Personal Injury Lawyer - Miami, FL

You need to have a board certified civil trial attorney who specializes in personal injury auto accidents review your case including all the documenation. I would certainly get a second opinion before letting go of your case. Is your case in litigation (meaning did the lawyer file a lawsuit and is now withdrawing?). I need more details and would need to see police report, medical records, and your entire file.

Scott W. Leeds

Scott W. Leeds

Personal Injury Lawyer - Miami, FL

From the information you provided, I am unable to give you a definite yes or no. Important considerations when evaluating the cause of an injury are the circumstances surrounding your conduct at the time of the injury and the medical treatment you received following the injury. Generall, lawyers do not charge a fee to evaluate a case. I would recommend you seek out a second opinion and allow another lawyer to evaluate your case.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Simply retain another personal injury lawyer. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

This is certainly worth looking into. The question is whether or not the sudden stop caused your injury. The answer will depend on a detailed analysis of the accident. Consultation with a mechanical engineer and physician may be necessary. Don't get discouraged that one attorney told you you don't have a case. We would be happy to work with you to find the answers you need. No fee if no recovery. Zimmet & Quarles PL 386 255-6400.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.