I was in car accident 12/2013 i want to settle what is case worth? I didn't have insurance.

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed , c - 5 , c - 6 bulging disc ( m . d ) recommend surgery , I don't want it . sprain right foot Mild edema involving the peristaltic soft tissues foot rd recommend orthopedic shoe come back in 6 months , strain lumbar region which is heal , 6000 $ lost income , 12 , 000 medical bills .

1. Sean P DuBois

Pro

9

Answered . Without asking you A LOT more questions, no attorney can really tell you what your case is worth. A good attorney will need to review police reports, medical records, proof of lost income, etc., before making any sort of recommendation.

In general, all damages are paid by the insurance company for the driver who caused the accident, and these damages include economic damages (medical bills, lost wages, etc.) AND non-economic damages (pain and suffering). In Oregon, however, usually an uninsured driver, even if s/he did not cause the accident, is entitled to economic damages but NOT non-economic damages. This is meant to ensure that people understand that driving without insurance is illegal.

I would recommend calling a Portland accident lawyer for more specific information. Good luck.

2. Michael Lewis Eisner

8

Answered . You need to have a detailed consultation with a personal injury lawyer in your state. There is no valid way to give you a value for you case without much more detail than can, or should, be presented on this forum. You should also correct the date of the accident (December, 2013 has not yet arrived), so that you can get good advise on the statute of limitations in the state where this accident happened.

3. Joanne Reisman

6

Answered . 12/2014 is next year - so I doubt you had an accident in 12/2013. Did you mean to say 12/2012? . You can avail yourself of PIP from the auto insurance policy of the car you were riding in or driving. I suggest you get an attorney first. But PIP will pay most of your lost wages which should help a lot. Then the best thing to do is wait and see how your medical injuries resolve before you even consider settling the case unless there is some other reason to consider an early settlement.

Herniated discs have a good chance of resolving without surger but it takes a really long time and hurts a lot. Assuming the accident was in Oregon you have up to two years from the date of the accident to settle of file a lawsuit, so you can give your back time to heal and see if you can avoid surgery.

As for your adjustment disorder. The is not a typical result of a car accident although anxiety can be caused or increased. Your attorney will want to look at your medical records with you to figure out what is going on. Keep in mind that these days the insurance companies often ask to look at your prior medical history to rule out a prior condition so it's best to review your prior records with your own attorney first.

I agree with my colleagues, you need an attorney to help you manage your case and to help you know how to evaluate it and time any efforts to settle. These days you usually have to file a lawsuit before you can expect a decent settlement offer. http://www.portlandlegalservices.com

4. Andrew J Aukland

7

Answered . You should speak to a personal injury attorney ASAP. Many will give a free consultation.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Sorry, but no responsible and professional attorney can, or should, offer an opinion as to value without conducting his/her own due diligence. My question is why have you not retained an attorney?

6. Glenn Tadaomi Honda Jr.

6

Answered . Im sorry to hear about your accident. I can relate to your situation, having had a severe accident myself. Two back surgeries later, I can tell you that accidets with these more complicated injuries really benefit from representation by an experienced attorney. That would include valuation, which is what your inquiry seems to be based upon. Depending on the severity of the impact (accident/collision) and your prior medical history, the insurance company may be very aggressivde with you. Be careful, and best of luck!

7. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . You really need to consult an attorney for a concise answer on this.

Pro

3

Answered . No lawyer can put a number on a case from a posting. Bottom line is that you should call a personal injury lawyer in your state to investigate. Find a good Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com