Skip to main content

I was in Biriminham Al thursday Aug 1st. I was hit by a car as I was walking across the street. I have a fractured right leg,

Birmingham, AL |

Should I get a lawyer where I live, in Mississippi or where the accident happen in Alabama? I also have other injuries and may need surgery

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You should hire an attorney in Alabama. If the case has to be filed, it should be filed in Alabama. Technically it could also be filed in federal court. If you have questions about Alabama injury law, feel free to call me at any time.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  2. You should hire an Alabama Attorney. Please contact my office as I can help assist you with your Pedestrian injury case. 251-445-7602

  3. An Alabama lawyer would probably be best.

    No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed are greater than that of any other lawyer. This site is not a substitute for legal advice and your use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you have a legal problem contact a licensed attorney in your state.

  4. You should consult with an attorney licensed in Alabama. In addition, the attorney should be experienced in handling personal injury work. When you speak with attorneys ask them about their specialty. Ask them about their experience in court.

    In the meantime, you should also be very careful in dealing with the insurance company for the driver who hit you. You should be aware that insurance adjusters often record phone calls. Adjusters also often try to get the injured person to sign release documents allowing the insurance company access to medical and other personal records related to you. I would not sign anything until consulting with an attorney. I have included, below, a link to an article on personal injury lawyers that offers some advice.

    No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than legal services performed by other lawyers.