I was in an incident with my ex fiance' he has now has a Domestiv Violence Charge, but it was clearly and accident what I do?

I went to his house to get some things since we had broken up, the belongings he technically paid for, i waited for him to come outside and he was aggitated that I showed up which I should have called him, he got upset and I refuse to move my car well he kept pleading with me to move the car and I was being stubborn bc I knew it would upset him, I was so focus on the items at the time, he let my window down and started the ignition and was trying to move my car from outside well he reached in again and accidently struck me on the side of my nose. He was so scared, HE called the cops while I was cleaning my nose up, they arrested him for Domestic Violence and I told the police it was an accident but they want to pursue the charges I have asked them to be drop but they wont what do I do now?

Dallas, TX -

Attorney Answers (3)

Cynthia Russell Henley

Cynthia Russell Henley

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

If you told the same story as you are telling now, and so did he, then even though they filed charges they will have a very difficult time proving them because they have NO evidence of intent.

He needs to hire a good lawyer, and you can talk with that lawyer in an effort to get charges dismissed, or for him to get a not guilty after a trial.

Cynthia Henley

Richard Timothy Jones

Richard Timothy Jones

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

Tell this to the defendant's attorney. Make a statement and give it to the prosecutor. Then you've done everything you can.

Austin Family Violence Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norwalk, CT

Tell this to his lawyer who may request a signed statement from you.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.