I was in an incident with my ex fiance' he has now has a Domestiv Violence Charge, but it was clearly and accident what I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I went to his house to get some things since we had broken up, the belongings he technically paid for, i waited for him to come outside and he was aggitated that I showed up which I should have called him, he got upset and I refuse to move my car well he kept pleading with me to move the car and I was being stubborn bc I knew it would upset him, I was so focus on the items at the time, he let my window down and started the ignition and was trying to move my car from outside well he reached in again and accidently struck me on the side of my nose. He was so scared, HE called the cops while I was cleaning my nose up, they arrested him for Domestic Violence and I told the police it was an accident but they want to pursue the charges I have asked them to be drop but they wont what do I do now?

Additional information

and I told him by text message that I was going to his house and I didn't wait for a response and by the time I got there he told me he was in the shower so I just pulled behind his vehicle. If I was really being beat up or abused I would have called the cops myself doesn't that count for something?
The cops put down I said I got punched like a man, I do not recall saying this if anything I would have said it felt like I got punched like a man and I was crying and upset and on top of that they did not put when i was ask if this was an accident and I said YES they didn't include this in the report and both police man were there when i answered to this!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you told the same story as you are telling now, and so did he, then even though they filed charges they will have a very difficult time proving them because they have NO evidence of intent.

    He needs to hire a good lawyer, and you can talk with that lawyer in an effort to get charges dismissed, or for him to get a not guilty after a trial.

    Cynthia Henley

  2. Richard Timothy Jones

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Tell this to the defendant's attorney. Make a statement and give it to the prosecutor. Then you've done everything you can.

    Austin Family Violence Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
  3. John Paul Thygerson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Tell this to his lawyer who may request a signed statement from you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,638 answers this week

3,087 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,638 answers this week

3,087 attorneys answering