I was in an car accedent 4/13 and now its 7/13 im feeling pain in my hip

Dearborn, MI |

i was in an car accedent on 4/13 now its 7/13 and im feeling pain in my hips is it to late to tell my doctors and are the insurance company going totake that from me or no cuz its late

1. No. See a doctor right away. It is not uncommon for injuries to manifest themselves weeks after the initial trauma date.

2. Contact a local area personal injury attorney right away. Also, you need to go to the doctor immediately for treatment. By getting a personal injury attorney to help you, you can pursue necessary medical treatment while you attorney takes over all insurance and legal matters for you and you claim. Sorry you were hurt. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. Make your claim immediately. File your application for benefits with your insurance company immediately. There are time limitations but you should be fine.

Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.

4. It is certainly not too late. You have one year under Michigan law to file an application for benefits with your own insurance company for no fault benefits. You have three years to sue the wrongdoer driver for your injuries if they prove to be serious.

5. Mr. Gursten is correct on the time for filing your claims. I tell my clients, you are married to your medical records. Simply put, that means if you have a medical problem caused in an accident, go see your doctor immediately and fully describe the pain. If the doctor recommends follow up treatment, keep your appointments. Additionally, it is not uncommon for trauma injuries to surface days or weeks later. Call a personal Injury lawyer

6. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.