Skip to main content

I was in an auto accident and due to my injury i was taken to hospital by an ambulance. Now my hospital bill is around $5600

Winnetka, CA |

And my car was total loss which was around $6500. And it was not my fault but also the other party's insurance is declining to pay me. So what should i do in this condition?

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Sorry for you accident. I have a similar case like yours right now so I will just tell you straight out what you have to do. First, have your car towed to your house or a friend's lot. Or you will end up paying the towing charges fees of $170 plus per day. My client's fees weere $3, 861.. Second, gather your police report, your insurance policy, your medical records and diagnosis, any correspondence from the other party to the accident, take pictures of your injuries, the car and do not talk to the other party's adjuster nor sign any papers without speaking with a personal injury attorney. Then, search in your city for a lawyer to represent you. Your case is modest but if you lose work due to your injuries, you will recover.your economic damages. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., aka El Abogado de Accidentes de California: 510-206-4492. It is of a general context and is not intended to form an attorney client relationship. I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on accident, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes y Lesiones personales, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Bancarrotas de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  2. Dear Poster, I am sorry for what has happened to you. Car accidents are the worst because they cause so much disruption in the victim's life.

    You will do best by hiring a lawyer to represent you. Your lawyer can help you work out getting the property damage and personal injury addressed by the at-fault party's insurance company, and maximizing the amount you may be owed. Some accident victims try to do it themselves, but the statistics do not lie, and accident victims with attorneys routinely are compensated more than those without.

    My firm represents a number of accident victims - I would be more than glad to discuss your case with you in a consultation (always free). Take care, and I am sorry again this happened toyou. Happy Holidays, Rabeh

    PLEASE READ: ATTORNEY ADVERTISING MATERIAL. I am providing you with general comments, not legal advice. Nothing in this answer creates an attorney-client relationship nor constitutes legal advice, as I do not know the facts of your case well enough to be able to guide you, nor am I making any promises about the outcome of your case, or any guarantees about my capabilities, skill level, or predicted success. If you would like to retain me to provide you with legal advice, please contact me and we can discuss the engagement.

  3. Consider taking attorney Soofi up on her offer for a consultation.

    Mike Walker

  4. Whenever a person is injured in a car accident that is not there fault, they should retain a personal injury lawyer to recover the money to which they are entitled. Never try to deal with an insurance company yourself, as this usually does not end well. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  5. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. You can access my Legal Guides through my profile page.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

  6. I am terribly sorry that you are going through this and that the opposing insurance company is not cooperative. Your first priority should be your health and safety i.e. following the medical advice of your treating doctor. Instead of trying to fight with the insurance companies involved, you may want to consider consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf and protect your rights. I have advocated on behalf of my clients for more that 20 years and I fight to give my clients the best awards possible. Feel free to check my client reviews and case history to see some of my work. One of the questions that I would like to ask is whether of not you are an insured motorist and what your policy includes. I hope that I can be of greater service to you.

    Scott J Corwin
    (310) 207-4030

  7. Sorry to hear about your accident. Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. You should consult with an attorney who is experienced in handling personal injury matters. There are may fine attorneys on AVVO.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics