I was in an auto accident, they scheduled an appointment at examworks. Do I have to go?

Asked about 2 years ago - Detroit, MI

Do I have to go to my insurance company doctor

1. Scott Matthew Aaronson

7

Answered . Like previously mentioned, you should go. You should also immediately get your own counsel to assist you. Most always in these types of cases consultations are free and lawyers don't get paid unless you win.

-Attorney Scott Aaronson
    877-I-CAN-WIN
    Free Consultations

2. Steven M. Gursten

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, even though they are far from "independent." There is a duty to cooperate in your auto policy and your claims adjuster can suspend your no fault benefits if you fail to go to IME appointments.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague. That duty to cooperate includes the duty to visit with the doctor.

That does not preclude you from seeking your own independent opinion!

Good luck and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

4. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

Answered . Yes, you must visit with the insurance company doctor or they could deny your claim for failing to cooperate.

5. C Steven Moskos

4

Answered . You should see a lawyer first. If your ins co wants you to see a doctor of its choice, you may have to go. If the other party's ins co wants you to go to its doctor, you do not have to, so long as suit has not been filed.