I was in an auto accedent 2.5 years ago. i injered my kneck, and it never healed correctly. do I have any recourse on the ins.co

Inkster, MI |

I had an mri. the machine had a very high pitched sound. the sound never left my head, and is getting worse. it sounds like loud bugs! do I hve a case?.

A statute of limitations is a deadline for filing your case. Different states have different deadlines. Check with a local car accident lawyer in your state to find out what the statute of limitations is.

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Did you obtain a settlement? Did you make a claim? Was someone else at fault? Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

3. If you never entered into a settlement with the at fault party's insurance carrier, you likely have a cause of action. However, it is essential that you contact a personal injury attorney in your area as I (a Florida Civil trial attorney) am not aware of the statute of limitations for negligence claims in your state. Most personal injury attorneys will offer a free consultation where they can review your claim based on a myriad of criteria.

4. You may very well have a claim, provided the statute of limitations has not lapsed. In many states, including my home state of Texas, the period in which to file suit is 2 years from accrual of the claim (date of injury). In some states, such as Tennessee, it is one year. If time has not run out, you would need to get an attorney working on this fairly quickly. Don't be surprised if a number of them turn you down, given that this much time has gone by. With regard to the sound, to prevail on a claim against the radiologist or doctor who ordered the MRI, another doctor in the same subspecialty must be obtained who would opine that, in reasonable medical probability, the sound you are hearing was caused by the physician's negligence. This seems unlikely, because this is probably not a reasonably foreseeable outcome from an MRI. There is another possiblitiy: a products liability claim against the manufacturer of the MRI equipment, if the machine is malfunctioning and producing a sound which makes auditory injury likely.