I was in an accident with a friend who was driving on learners permit. Will it affect my license/insurance?

Buffalo, NY |

I live near Boston,Massachusets and was visiting a friend in Buffalo, NY. She has a learner permit and was driving her car while I was in the passenger seat. While changing lane she didnt realize there was a car stopped in the front, I tried to get her to stop but she hit the car in the front and their bumper came off. They called the cops who checked both of our licenses and took my friends's insurance information. 2 people in the other car were taken in ambulance although there were no visible injuries. I wasnt asked to give my insurance information, and although the cops took my license, my license number wasnt there on the police report that was filed. Will this incident affect my ticket/insurance in any way. I already have a few tickets that I am fighting, which is why I am worried

I see no issues for your license or insurance.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I agree with Mr. Rothstein. You did not own, or operate the vehicle and played no part in the accident.

The answer to this question is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, and is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.

If your insurance rates increase, you can look online for cheaper insurance.