I was in an accident and received a serious concussion, spending 3 days in hospital. Other party at fault, Do I need a lawyer?

Asked 12 months ago - Kansas City, MO

Was traveling on I-29 when another vehicle hit me from behind and I lost control of my vehicle and rolled over 1 and 1/2 times totaling out my vehicle.

1. James Michael Roswold

8

Answered . Yes. Anytime you sustain a serious injury due to the fault of another party, you need professional assistance of a personal injury attorney. Regardless of the situation, there are multiple issues that require expertise of an experienced attorney. First word of advice. DO NOT give a recorded statement without first speaking to an attorney. You can call me at 816-471-5111 for free information without obligation and we can discuss the most pressing issues. In order to determine whether we can assist you and for you to determine whether you wish to proceed, a personal consultation is then the appropriate next step. Claims of this type are handled on a contingency basis, you pay nothing until we recover. No fees and no expenses. As such, nothing to lose and everything to gain by protecting your rights. 816-471-5111.

Pro

7

Answered . Yes. Any time a person sustains a serious concussion, a lawyer should be retained. Call one of the above lawyers in your state for representation.

3. Scott Douglas Camassar

Pro

6

Answered . Yes!! Good luck

4. Heather A Lottmann

4

Answered . The attorneys here are correct. You need a personal injury attorney to represent you. The only time I would suggest that a party should represent him/herself is if the property damage was minor and there was only 1 visit with minor injuries and no follow up. The insurance company will use everything it can to minimize and destroy your claim. They have experienced adjusters, and you should have someone experienced on your side.

Feel free to visit our website at http://www.castlelaw-kc.com/ for additional information.

5. Christopher Steven Hoffmann

3

Answered . Concussion injuries to the brain are tricky. In some cases, an MRI can show damage to the brain resulting from trauma. In other accident cases, a neuropsych evaluation is required to determine the extent of damage if the injury to the brain is not detectable on a cellular level that can be recognized by MRI. Call a local attorney to discuss your treatment to date.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.
  6. Josh P Tolin

3

Answered . Simple question, simple answer, yes ! If you want full value for your claim, hire an attorney.

7. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Yes, lawyer protects and serves.

8. Antonios Kalogerakos

4

Answered . Absolutely! A qualified injury lawyer will make sure your bills are paid, lost wages and pain and suffering! The ultimate goal is your health, so make sure you get the treatment you need!

9. Richard H. Wooster

3

Answered . Yes, you need a lawyer immediately.

10. Melvin G. Franke

1

Answered . Yes, contact an experienced personal injury attorney

11. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . Yes.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.