I was in an accident and received a failure to yield ticket.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Buffalo, NY

I was exiting a parking lot and turning left. I never saw the other car and was hit. My ticket options are guilty or not guilty. How should I plead? I looked and never saw the other car. Concerned about my record and insurance.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Under NY law you have to see what there is to be seen. The other car didn't just come out of no where. I suggest you call your insurance carrier to see if they will defend you on the ticket as it could impact any civil case against you. The odds are they won't so if that happens I suggest you hire a local traffic court lawyer.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

6

Answered . Hire a local traffic lawyer and report the accident to your insurance company. You need to cooperate with your insurance company so that you will be covered under the terms of the policy.

3. Michael Evan Greenspan

6

Answered . Contact your insurance company immediately and inform them of the accident. Was anyone hurt in the other car? You should ask the carrier to assign counsel to represent you in the event that someone was injured as you will likely be sued and it is in the carrier's interest as well as your own to see that the traffic ticket case is handled appropriately. If the carrier will not assign counsel, you should hire an attorney to represent you in Court to defend against the charges.

Pro

7

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Rafael Omar Gomez

5

Answered . You should contact an attorney to help you with this. I provide free consultations to help you handle matters such as this. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

6. Carlos J. Jimenez

6

Answered . Report the case to your auto insurance company and find an attorney to handle your ticket. Good luck.