I was in a minor accident, and received a careless driving ticket in Miami, FL.

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

The car I hit had very minor damage on the bumper. The officer did not see the accident and there were no witnesses. What should I and should I not say in court? I'm fighting the ticket myself. This is my first offense. In addition, the other person is filing an injury claim, although he was visibly fine after the accident and there was no ambulance called. How will the verdict affect my insurance? If at all.

1. William David Umansky

Pro

11

Answered . You need to contact a traffic tix attorney to help you resolve the matter.

2. Michael Evan Greenspan

10

Answered . You need to immediately report this incident to your auto insurance company. The insurer will assign an attorney at its cost to defend you in any civil suit that the injured person may file. You are making a mistake in attempting to defend yourself in court against the careless driving charge. I suggest that you retain an attorney to represent you. Use the Avvo find a lawyer function to locate an experienced attorney in Miami.

3. Jeffrey Robert Davis

10

Answered . As a Florida lawyer,I would advise you to hire a traffic ticket attorney.It will be a good investment as to protecting your driving record and explaining the insurance issues,claims issues and maybe getting some helpful testimony from the "injured" party.
    .

4. Michael Shemtoub

10

Answered . I would not advise you to represent yourself when you are being sued for personal injury. You are opening yourself up for a whole host of issues. I strongly advise you to contact a local attorney today.

Pro

8

Answered . Retain a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

6

Answered . Traffic ticket: You may want to attend traffic school to avoid the points.
    Injury claim: Notify your insurance company ASAP.

7. Sagi Shaked

Pro

4

Answered . Report this matter to your car insurance company. They will provide you a lawyer and attempt to settle your case. For the ticket, call one of those ticket attorneys to defend you. If the alleged victim does not show for the trial of the traffic ticket, the case will get dismissed by the magistrate hearing the matter.