I was in a local night club on Halloween with a few coworkers and was assaulted by the bouncer, he hurt me for no reason. Case??

Asked 3 months ago - Traverse City, MI

I was treated at a hospital for separated ribs, back/neck problems and shoulder issues. I was arrested for assult on another person, I was wrongly accused and was found not guilty at my jury trial, the judge dropped everything. I want to sue the night club for the injuries, pain and suffering that this has caused me, the emotional distress, my partial salary for me losing my job because i had to go to jail for the night for no reason, and all of the money i had to spend on going threw the court system on a crime i did not commit ..Do i have a Case????!!!

1. Mickey David Larson

2

Best Answer

Answered . You should definitely contact a personal injury attorney. Most of us offer free consultations. You (or whichever attorney you hire, if you act quickly enough) should also send a preservation letter to the club indicating that you intend to file a lawsuit and reminding them of their duty to preserve evidence relating to the incident. You should also order your medical records if you have not already done so. I hope this helps. Take care.

Mickey
    Mickey Larson Law Office, PLC
    192 East Division Street
    Sparta, MI 49345
    (616)606-5296
    Mickey@MickeyLarsonLaw.com

2. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Possibly? You definitely need to consult with an attorney. Many of us will do a free consultation in the office or over the phone.

3. William S. Stern

Pro

4

Answered . Sure you can sue. The issue is, can you win? On your lawsuit against the establishment and bouncer, you have the burden of proof, unlike the criminal case where the state has a very high burden of proof. Therefore, the witnesses and videos become extremely important. That will determine the liklihood of your success.

4. Zaheer A Shah

Pro

5

Answered . Many night club bouncers seem to relish in abusing patrons when given the opportunity. I am sorry to read of your troubles. Absolutely consult a personal injury attorney in your state to fully evaluate the merits of your case. Best of luck.

5. William Eugene Johnson

Pro

4

Answered . You likely have a claim, although more information is needed. Contact a local attorney. Don't let your rights lapse.

6. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

2

Answered . When I first started practicing, I handled several cases against bouncers. The one thing I did when a client came in was the police records of the amount of times the police were called to bar for trouble. Then I would review the reports to see if any other people were assaulted or wrong injured by a bouncer. If so, I would contact that person and see if they were interested in joining the suit. I was profitable but they are tricky cases usually everyone has a different story. There were a lot of false accusations. Good Luck!

7. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

Answered . Based upon these facts you may. Contact local and qualified counsel asap. There may be more than one claim and more than one defendant and there may be short notification requirements.

8. Woody Robert Clermont

3

Answered . Best to get a personal injury attorney to do a full review of the facts, but it sounds like a potential case. Night clubs constantly get in trouble with the overly aggressive actions of their bouncers, who sometimes cross the line and go to far, as it sounds like might have happened in this case.