I was in a head on collusion with a driver infront of me. I pleaded guilty even though it really was my fault. Can I get help?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

I was about 2 cars away from a car in front of me. I was going about 60-63. Out of no where he was swerving left to right and made a full stop that I had no time to break. He said "I was reaching down for my COFFEE. When I look up the cars in front had stopped." This does not sound like my fault, but I'm still being charged 10,000 because his car was titled "TOTAL" when it was only minor damage to the bumper. No airbags were deploided. I didn't have insurance and it was my brother's car that was still not under his name legally. I was NOT on my phone. There is something fishy about his excuse. I dont think no one "Reaches down for coffee" and take their eyes off the road. Isn't food or beverages in a car illegal as well? It's called Impaired driving right?

1. Steven Mark Sweat

9

Answered . Unfortunately, from the facts you describe, you may be deemed at least partially at fault for following too closely. It sounds like the other driver may have some fault as well for erratic driving and making unsafe lane changes. If you were injured, you should consult an attorney in Bakersfield to determine if they can assist.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

8

Answered . Your question is very, very confusing. Can you clarify?

Who caused the crash? Who was cited? What happened with the citation? Was anyone hurt?

3. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

6

Answered . Based on the facts you appear to be at least partially at fault but I encourage you to consult a personal injury attorney in person.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . If you rear-ended the car in front of you, it would likely be your fault. You may want to talk with a personal injury attorney so as to carefully review the facts.

Pro

5

Answered . Retain one of the above lawyers to defend this lawsuit. Get insurance.